Some applications on The Greenville County Website will be down temporarily on Saturday, April 20th from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Greenville County
i.e. "Pay my taxes", "Parks & Recreation", "Marriage Licenses", etc.
Subdivision Administration
Drainage/Utility Easement Abandonment

The deadline for drainage/utility easement abandonment applications is the first Wednesday of each month at 12:00 noon unless adjusted due to the holiday schedule. All applications must follow the Subdivision Review Calendar which includes sign posting requirements, review and comments by the Subdivision Advisory Committee (SAC) followed by review and approval by the Planning Commission. The Planning Commission meets and reviews the recommendations of the Subdivision Staff and the SAC on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 4:30 p.m.

Staff will review all applications for completeness upon submission. If received a week prior to the application deadline, the applicant will be notified via email of any deficiencies. If not complete and received the week of the deadline, the application will be rejected and will be scheduled for SAC and Planning Commission once the application is complete. Likewise, if complete, the applicant will be notified via email and the project will proceed to the current month’s SAC and Planning Commission meeting.

If approved, the applicant must submit a revised survey plat to be recorded at the Greenville County Register of Deeds Office showing the area that was approved to be abandoned. The plat must also include notes that the abandoned area was approved by the Planning Commission and reference the application number and date of approval.

To apply for a drainage/utility easement abandonment, submit an application online Cityworks click here or complete and submit the abandonment application below.

The information provided on this website is only intended to be a resource. It is not intended to take the place of the Greenville County Land Development Regulations.
Click Here to view the Land Development Regulations.