Greenville County
i.e. "Pay my taxes", "Parks & Recreation", "Marriage Licenses", etc.
Subdivision Administration
Road Name Change Process

The deadline for road name change applications is the first Wednesday of each month at 12:00 noon unless adjusted due to the holiday schedule. All road name change applications must follow the Subdivision Review Calendar which includes sign posting requirements, review and comments by the Subdivision Advisory Committee (SAC) followed by review and approval by the Planning Commission. The Planning Commission meets and reviews the recommendations of the Subdivision Staff and the SAC on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 4:30 p.m.

A petition must be submitted for a road name change along with a complete application. There must be 100% participation of all property owners whose property fronts along the road. All persons signing the petition must be duly recorded property owners and/or residents who will be affected by the proposed name change.

Staff will review all applications for completeness upon submission. If received a week prior to the application deadline, the applicant will be notified via email of any deficiencies. If not complete and received the week of the deadline, the application will be rejected and will be scheduled for SAC and Planning Commission once the application is complete. Likewise, if complete, the applicant will be notified via email and the project will proceed to the current month’s SAC and Planning Commission meeting. If the application is approved by the Planning Commission, there is an additional fee of $150 for each road sign that is to be replaced. New streets must be paid for and ordered through the County’s Engineering & Maintenance Department. Once approved by Planning Commission, staff will issue a certificate of the road name change which shall be recorded at the Greenville County Register of Deeds Office.

To apply for a road name change, submit an application online in the Permit Development Center here or complete and submit the road name change application form below.

The information provided on this website is only intended to be a resource. It is not intended to take the place of the Greenville County Land Development Regulations.
Click Here to view the Land Development Regulations.