Greenville County
i.e. "Pay my taxes", "Parks & Recreation", "Marriage Licenses", etc.
Subdivision Administration
Freedom of Information Act Request

The General Assembly finds that it is vital in a democratic society that public business be performed in an open and public manner so that citizens shall be advised of the performance of public officials and of the decisions that are reached in public activity and in the formulation of public policy. Toward this end, provisions of this chapter must be construed so as to make it possible for citizens, or their representatives, to learn and report fully the activities of their public officials at a minimum cost or delay to the persons seeking access to public documents or meetings.

Requests may be made by letter or by using the Subdivision Administration’s Freedom of Information Act request form (accessed through the link below) and submitted via Email to, mail (Greenville County Subdivision Administration Office, 301 University Ridge, Suite S-3300, Greenville, SC 29601), or hand delivery (Suite S-3300 at County Square). For questions, call 864.467.5764 or email

In order to obtain information, you must be able to provide a reasonable description of the public records you are seeking. Greenville County charges a fee for the cost of searching, retrieving, redaction and/or making copies of records. When you have completed and submitted the form, a written response will be mailed or emailed to you within 10 working days from the date the request was received.

    Fee schedule :
  • Copy of each page up to 8 1/2" x 11" shall be $.10 per copy per page.
  • Copy for any 24 x 36 Plan is $2.00 per page.
  • Audio disks are $5.00 per disc
  • The hourly rate for staff to search, retrieve and/or redact records is $17.07 per hour.

Additionally, a deposit of 25% of the total anticipated cost to reproduce the record is required before Subdivision Administration staff will begin searching for or making copies of the record.

FOIA Request Form

The information provided on this website is only intended to be a resource. It is not intended to take the place of the Greenville County Land Development Regulations.
Click Here to view the Land Development Regulations.