Greenville County
i.e. "Pay my taxes", "Parks & Recreation", "Marriage Licenses", etc.
Subdivision Administration
Welcome To Subdivision Administration

The Greenville County Planning Commission oversees the administration of the Land Development Regulations (LDR) adopted by County Council and is responsible for review and approval of all subdivisions in the unincorporated areas of Greenville County.

How We Serve Greenville County

The Subdivision Administration Office ensures compliance with the LDR with respect to the subdivision of land and coordinates plan review amongst public utility/service providers and other state/county agencies, known as the Subdivision Advisory Committee (SAC), for specific requirements and conditions that must be met for project approval. With exception of City of Greenville and Greer, SAC coordination services are provided for the City of Mauldin, Travelers Rest, Fountain Inn, and Simpsonville but said municipalities have their own Planning Commissions and LDR by which they consider subdivision requests. Subdivision Administration staff is responsible for reviewing and processing plat approval for subdivision applications including:

  • Parcels divided into 7 or more lots Preliminary Plan.
  • Parcels divided into six or less lots without new roads or extension of public utilities Summary Plat.
  • Parcels divided into two lots Simple Plat.
  • Parcels combined or recombined where the total number of lots is not increased and the resultant lots are equal to the standards of the underlying Zoning District or LDR Exempt Plat.
  • Parcels divided into five-acre or more lots where no new street is involved Exempt Plat.
  • An updated plat of record Exempt Plat.
  • Creation of legal lots where a preliminary plan has been previously approved by the Planning Commission Final Plats.

Subdivision Administration staff also administers the County’s financial security program where surety may be required for all planned infrastructure prior to final plat approval. Additionally, staff provides support for the Planning Commission by providing recommendations and findings which includes SAC’s specific requirements and conditions to consideration for the following applications:

  • Preliminary Plan applications for major subdivisions
  • Variance requests from the LDR
  • Drainage easements (relocation or abandonments)
  • Road name changes

The information provided on this website is only intended to be a resource. It is not intended to take the place of the Greenville County Land Development Regulations.
Click Here to view the Land Development Regulations.