Greenville County encourages those needing to pay taxes to avoid coming inside County Square.
Citizens can pay property taxes through the mail, the internet or by using the convenient dropbox located outside the Tax Office. The County accepts credit and debit card payments on our website, online. From now until April 15, the County will waive the online service fee provided by SC.GOV, our third-party provider.
Does your vehicle license plate expire between March 2020 and June 2020? You now have until July 1st 2020 to register or renew your vehicle plates.
DMV has extended deadlines for:
 • Motor vehicles registrations and plates
 • 45 day temporary license plates
Note: Expired plates may not be valid outside of SC
The service fee for Hospitality Taxes will also be waived until April 15th.
Greenville County
i.e. "Pay my taxes", "Parks & Recreation", "Marriage Licenses", etc.
Clerk of Court
Criminal - General Sessions
Orders For Bail

An Order for Bail is prepared by the Solicitor or the defense attorney and is then presented to a Circuit Court judge for approval and signing. Once the order is signed, the Solicitor files the original order in the Clerk of Court’s office. It is then faxed to the Detention Center where it is recorded in jail records. In the Order for Bail, the Judge will set the amount of the surety and/or personal recognizance along any special condition of the bond. The Order will also designate whether the surety is to be approved by the Clerk of Court, a Magistrate or City Recorder. If the Order for Bail designates that a Magistrate or City Recorder can approve the surety, you will need to contact one of those offices for information on approval of the surety. If the Judge designates the Clerk of Court to approve the surety, please see Approval of Surety.

When a magistrate has set bail, the amount of the bail appears on the warrant itself. Since it can take up to 15 days for the warrant to reach this office, the Clerk of Court records will not have any bond information until the warrant is received. In that case, you should call the information line at the Detention Center.