Greenville County encourages those needing to pay taxes to avoid coming inside County Square.
Citizens can pay property taxes through the mail, the internet or by using the convenient dropbox located outside the Tax Office. The County accepts credit and debit card payments on our website, online.
From now until June 30, the County will waive the online service fee provided by SC.GOV, our third-party provider.
The service fee for Hospitality Taxes will also be waived until June 30th.
Greenville County
i.e. "Pay my taxes", "Parks & Recreation", "Marriage Licenses", etc.
Family Court
Frequently Asked Questions
Wage Withholding
How can I request wage withholding?

Please come by our office to fill out a request and we will mail the paperwork directly to your employer. Also, you may contact us in writing or have your employer contact the office for the necessary forms.

Will my wage withholding start immediately?

Most employers take between 3 and 4 weeks to start the process. You need to check your paycheck stub to see if it has been garnished. If not, it is your responsibility to bring your payments to the office until it does start.

I am ordered to pay weekly payments and my company pays me monthly. Will this be a problem?

No, the employers are informed that they may send the payments in as you are paid. However, they are required to mail the payment to Family Court within 10 days after it is withheld from your check.

I have changed jobs. Will your office send a new request automatically?

No, you must come into our office to give us the new employer or either mail it or fax it to us.

I receive payments from someone on wage garnishment and the payment is late. What can I do about this?

You must come into the office to speak with one of our support counselors. Do not contact the employer yourself.

When will I receive my payments?

After a payment is posted, the payment to the custodial parent is mailed the next working day.

How do I change my address and/or name?

You may come into the office and fill out a form at the payment window or fax or mail the information to our office. We will need a copy of your picture ID.

How do I get a payment history of my account?

You may come into the office and to the payment window to request it. There is a .50 charge for each year of payments.

How can I find out if a payment has been made?

You may come and check in person at the payment window or contact our automated information line.

I know a payment has been made but I have not received my check. What do I do?

A stop payment may be placed on a check only after it has been missing for two weeks. You may fill out a form at the inside payment window at Family Court or you may mail the request and information to Family Court. Once the form has been filled out or the request mailed, if you must return it to Family Court for reissue.

Can I pick up my check?

No, all payments must be mailed.

Does your office accept credit cards?


Child Support Matters
How do I get child support?

Contact an attorney to file or either the DSS/Child Support Enforcement for an application.

What can I do if I am not receiving child support after it is ordered through the Court?

We have support counselors available to discuss your case in our office. You must come into the office to speak with a counselor as no information can be given out on the phone.

How and where do I make my payments?

Payments can be made by cash, personal check, money order, cashiers' check or payroll deduction. Payments can be made in person at Family Court at the inside windows from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or at the drive-thru window from 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. We also have a 24 hour drop box located at the drive-thru where envelopes are provided. Payments can also be mailed to P.O. Box 757, Greenville, SC 29602.

Can I begin paying immediately after ordered to pay support?

The accounting department can only accept payments after the order is filed with the court. However, your balance will accrue effective the beginning date found on your court order.

What will happen if I make my payment late?

The Clerk may issue a Rule to Show Cause after 5 days. You will have to appear before a Family Court Judge to explain your delinquency.

How do I have my name removed from the docket?

We have an Administrative Order which states that if you are current with your obligation, have not been ruled into court within the last 6 months and pay a $150.00 court cost, your name may be removed. You must contact a counselor and have this done at least one week prior to your court appearance date.

How can I get my payments reduced?

You must contact your attorney for a reduction.

Filing Services
How do I get a divorce? Custody? Legal Separation? An Annulment?

You will need legal advice to complete the necessary actions required. We suggest you contact an attorney. We are not able to refer you to a specific attorney. Please check your local telephone directory.

I'm not being allowed visitation as the Judge ordered. What can I do?

If you have specific dates/times in a court order, come to Filing/Records and request the "Contempt of Visitation" forms.

I need a Restraining Order. Where do I go?

Come to the Records/Filing Department for an "Order of Protection" packet. This is only for physical violence from a family member.