Greenville County encourages those needing to pay taxes to avoid coming inside County Square.
Citizens can pay property taxes through the mail, the internet or by using the convenient dropbox located outside the Tax Office. The County accepts credit and debit card payments on our website, online. From now until April 15, the County will waive the online service fee provided by SC.GOV, our third-party provider.
Does your vehicle license plate expire between March 2020 and June 2020? You now have until July 1st 2020 to register or renew your vehicle plates.
DMV has extended deadlines for:
 • Motor vehicles registrations and plates
 • 45 day temporary license plates
Note: Expired plates may not be valid outside of SC
The service fee for Hospitality Taxes will also be waived until April 15th.
Greenville County
i.e. "Pay my taxes", "Parks & Recreation", "Marriage Licenses", etc.
Clerk of Court
Civil - Common Pleas

Foreclosures actions are filed with the Clerk of Court and are generally referred to the Master-in-Equity for decisions and for sale of property. Information, copies, and dates of sale are available at the Master-In-Equity’s office located on the third floor of the new judicial wing of the Greenville County Courthouse in downtown Greenville.

Foreclosures actions are initiated with the filing of a lis pendens (Latin for "a suit is pending"). The purpose of a lis pendens is to notify the public that a claim or lawsuit is being filed, or has been filed, against a person or business and their property. Thus, a lis pendens functions as a "cloud upon the title" on the property potentially being foreclosed upon.

When filed alone, a lis pendens filing requires payment of a ten-dollar ($10.00) fee to the Clerk of Court. When filed along with a summons and complaint and its required one hundred and fifty dollar ($150.00) filing fee, there is no additional fee for the lis pendens.

Photocopying machines are available for public use. The cost for photocopies is twenty-five cents ($.25) per page. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, money order or business check. The Clerk of Court does not currently accept credit or debit cards as payment.