Some applications on The Greenville County Website will be down temporarily on Saturday, April 20th from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Greenville County
i.e. "Pay my taxes", "Parks & Recreation", "Marriage Licenses", etc.
Engineering & Maintenance
Encroachment Permits
Encroachment Permits

Encroachment permits are required for work within the County road rights-of-way including but not limited to driveway tie-ins, utility installations and repairs, drainage work, etc. Encroachment permits regulate construction methods, materials, and restoration to maintain the structural integrity of the roads and protect the motoring public from potential dangers from unregulated construction within the road rights-of-way.

An application for Encroachment Permit can be obtained from the Engineering office at County Square or downloaded from the links below. Work performed under an approved County of Greenville encroachment permit is inspected 9 months after the permit is issued. These inspections are to ensure that any work performed in the County of Greenville road rights-of-way is done to County standards. Please call the Utility Permits Coordinator at 864.467.7018 for information on inspections.

Please reference the permit instructions before calling the office. If further clarification is needed, you may call 864.467.7011.

Encroachment Permit Applications must be submitted in person or mailed to the following address: Greenville County Engineering and Maintenance, 301 University Ridge, S-3000, Greenville, SC 29601. Permit fees and bonds must paid in either cash or check. Payment by card is currently unavailable.

Permit Forms and Information:

The information listed on the encroachment permit application should paint a clear picture of what is being done within the County right-of-way, who is doing the work, and where the work is being done.

Supplemental Information:
Utility Service Connection:

How to find a road number: Who Maintains My Road?