Greenville County
i.e. "Pay my taxes", "Parks & Recreation", "Marriage Licenses", etc.
Watercraft Property Taxes
How to Pay Property Taxes on Watercraft

If the SCDNR requires a paid property tax receipt to register your boat or boat motor, you will need to obtain a property tax bill and pay the property taxes.

    Documents Needed:
    You will need to provide one of the following documents:

    1. Boat or boat motor title
    2. Certificate of origin
    3. Registration
    4. Bill of sale

You must also provide proof of your residency in Greenville County. SCDMV approved proof of SC address can be found here.

Step One: Get a Property Tax Bill

To obtain a tax bill, you can present the boat or boat motor documentation and proof of residency at our office location, by mail, fax, or email. Please do not mail original documents.

    1. In-person or Mail:
      Greenville County Auditor
      301 University Ridge Suite 800
      Greenville, SC 29601
    2. Fax: 864.467.5960
    3. Email:

Step Two: Get a Paid Property Tax Receipt for SCDNR Registration

You can pay your property tax bill at the Tax Collector’s department. You can also pay online. For information on accepted payment types, paying online, and getting a qualified receipt, please visit the Tax Collector’s website.