Greenville County
i.e. "Pay my taxes", "Parks & Recreation", "Marriage Licenses", etc.
Passport Office
Birth Certificate
You will need the following paperwork:
Birth Certificate:
  • Must include:
    • Full name of applicant
    • Date and place of birth
    • Date the birth record was filed
    • The seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records (State, county, or city/town office)
    • The full names of your parent(s)

  • This document must be a certified copy.
  • Or you could also use your old passport.
  • If your birth certificate was not filed within the first year of birth, please contact our office or the National Passport Information Center a 877.487.2778 for further information.
Identification ID
  • Bring one of the following:
    • Driver license
    • State issued card
    • Passport
    • Military ID

If your driver’s license is less than a year old or an out of state driver’s license, you are required to provide additional ID.

Additional ID includes:
  • Voter registration card
  • Health insurance card
  • Social security card
  • Learner’s permit
  • State issued documents
  • A temporary ID card
  • Expired IDs