Tax Sale Information
Tax Sale Listing
- The Tax Sale is a public auction.
- You must pay for bids plus deed stamps.
- Defaulting taxpayer has one year to redeem property.
- If not redeemed a deed will be issued to the successful bidder.
- Interest is calculated at 3%, 6%, 9% and 12% quarterly but interest can never exceed the amount
of bid placed on property by the forfeited land commission, consisting of the delinquent and current taxes.
- A deed issued to the successful bidder is not a clear deed. The deed can be cleared after the second
year by obtaining an attorney and going before the Master in Equity.
- All bids are due as soon as the sale is over by cash, cashiers check or money order.
- Failing to pay for bids may result in fine of $300.00 per bid.